Born in Arezzo in 1950, he is the vice-president of Rondine Cittadella della Pace and one of its founders.
After graduating from the Technical-Economic Institute of Arezzo in 1969, he attended the Faculty of Statistical Science at the University of Rome.
In 1970, he started working at Credito Italiano in Arezzo, a bank where he held various positions. He was transferred to Unicredit as the Deputy Director of the Arezzo branch after some corporate reorganization. He retired in 2007.